Sunday, April 27, 2008

12 Days Left!!

Goal Update from last week: My goal last week was to be more patient with those who are stubborn. This week I have learned many things and at the end of the week I accomplished my goal. It took a week to get there, but I am now being more patient. Thank the Lord for that!

It's been about a week since I've updated and not much really has happened. I'm kinda freaking out about school though. I have 12 days left. My first final is 3 class periods away! whoa. I need to do well on my finals this semister in two classes. Unfortunately I have been slacking my senior year this semister. I need to stay motivated--but it's so hard!! My AP History grade is an 88 right now because I totally bombed our last test. OUCH! But hopefully I shall bring it up here soon with my project that we just did. But I'm ticked because we have another test in that class before the final. It's totally messed up. Oh well. My English grade isn't too hot right now, it's a 90 and I just took a quiz in there and got an 80 on it. So I'm sure my grade fell somewhat. But we just did a project which we should get an A on, so hopefully I won't have to try too hard on my final. It's going to be really hard to focus on finals!

I sent graduation announcements today. 70 announcements! Dang, you'd think I was getting married or something. Half of those are family. Actually probably more than half are family, which is CRAZY. I'm really excited for our party, we are going to have a lot of fun, and hopefully all of you can come! :) We are having 5 flavors of punch, so it's going to be amazing!

So we are planning our summer vacations. So far this is my busy summer schedule:

June 7-10: Going to Springfield to spend a weekend church searching and then I have orientation the 9th, and 10th.

June 2_ - July 6th: Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival. I'm not sure when we are leaving for sure, but probably around the 25th or 26th.

July 19-26(ish): Atlanta, GA. Darrick is graduating, so we are going! YAY! We are probably going to spend a week there... how awesome is that?

and then I'll get a month before I move. I'm sure there will probably be another visit to MSU sometime before I move. I think I can move in the 22nd of August. That's only a little under 4 months! WHOA!!!



Oh and FYI!

We are having a Lectureship this weekend at Old Main Street Church of Christ. It's going to be really good! It starts Friday the 2nd at 6:00 and goes through Sunday. I'll type up the schedule::

Old Main Street Church of Christ
1701 Old Main Street (Ask me for directions... it's kind of hidden!!)
Newton, KS 67114
316-283-3577
http://www.oldmaincofc.org


BACK TO THE BASICS

Friday:
6:00 -- Chuck Northrop: Why Become a Christian?
7:00 -- Jerry Sullins: TBA
Saturday:
10:00am -- Bobby Wheat: Who is the Church?
11:00am -- Chuck Northrop: Where is your Heart?
5:00pm -- Jerry Sullins: TBA
6:00pm -- Bobby Wheat: Who is the Christians's Support Group?
Sunday:
9:30am -- Jim O'Conner: Women: Their Role
10:30am -- Ted Thrasher: Faithfulness: What Does it Really Mean?
5:00pm -- Jim O'Conner: Christians Daily Life
6:00pm -- Ted Thrasher: God's Intention For Marriage



I really hope that some people will be able to come! You should! It is always a whole lot of fun and you get to hear the true word of God! :) There is usually food as well ;)



Goal for this week: Hold fast to what I believe and make sure that it is what God believes. Study, Study, Study!!

1 comment:

Mike Morton said...

Left you a comment on my blog...

I know when I'm getting old when I can still remember when YOU were born and I held you as a newborn. My how time flies.